STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program
The STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program promotes diversity in the actuarial profession by offering college-bound students interested in pursuing a career as an actuary a scholarship of $20,000 ($5,000 annually for four years) subject to award terms. The program includes mentoring, tutoring, immersion experiences, and internship opportunities, along with financial support.
· Current high school seniors or college-bound students
· At least one birth parent from who is:
o Black/African American; Middle Eastern or North African
o Native North American
· Minimum overall GPA of 2.8, or SAT Math: 600+ or ACT: 21+
· Demonstration of acumen in Math: Algebra, Calculus, state tests (Proficient or Advanced), Advanced Placement classes
· Alternative: “B” average or better in other subjects
· Recommendation provided by principal, teacher, guidance counselor or another professional
· Intent on pursuing a career in the actuarial profession
· Evidence of financial need considered as a factor
(The award will be divided to cover multiple semesters or other terms comprising one academic year. Students must complete a renewal application to receive a scholarship in years 2, 3, and 4. All scholarship awards are made payable to the U.S. accredited educational institution. Recipients attending school for a portion of the upcoming year (e.g., one semester) will receive the corresponding percentage of a full-year scholarship amount.
The STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program would not be possible without the generosity of our Corporate Advisory Council companies and donors. These companies are passionate about supporting students on their journey to becoming an actuary and increasing diversity in the actuarial profession. View these companies committed to your success.